FrontRow has three capture modes: Story, Live, and Camera.
Click image to see in large.
|Story Mode||Live Mode||Camera Mode|
Story is a unique capture mode that allows users to capture full experiences in a brand new way. Story Mode is very different from a regular time lapse because it has been optimized for the first person perspective. Story Mode utilizes a dynamic capture setting which uses data from the camera’s motion sensors to get the best frame while you're on the move. This setting effectively adapts to different activities even within the same Story to give the best output for the user.
To begin a Story, follow these steps:
- Double click the media button or select the Story icon from the app tray, then press the record button to begin capturing.
- For up to 10 hours, Story Mode will capture experiences for you, letting you stay fully in the moment.
- To pause the Story, double click the media button or press the pause button on the display.
- To end a Story, press the pause button and then the stop button and the Story will generate, compiling all of the images into a video file ready for sharing with little to no editing.
Tip You can also take videos and photos while capturing a Story.
FrontRow supports live streaming to your Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube accounts. This is Live Mode. To Go Live, first link FrontRow with your social accounts.
- In your browser, navigate to the url shown after selecting the Facebook/Twitter/YouTube Live app and enter the code provided.
- You can also link your social accounts via the FrontRow app, where you will be directed to log in and allow FrontRow access to your basic information for your social accounts.
- Add a description, choose your audience, Go Live, and interact with comments and likes from your friends.
- To end your stream, press the stop button. The stream will be saved to your social profile, and a link to the video will appear in the gallery of the FrontRow app.
Finally, we have the Camera capture mode. Photos and videos can be taken quickly by using the media button, one press for a photo, press, hold and then release to begin recording video. Or to use the screen as a viewfinder, simply swipe from right to left on the home screen. In viewfinder mode:
- To start and stop a recording, press the record button in the middle of the screen. To take a picture, press the photo button to the right. To see your recently captured content, use the shortcut to the Gallery on the left of the screen.
- To access the reverse camera for a selfie, press the camera toggle button at the top of the screen.
Tip To see the full field of view of your FrontRow, and make sure no fingers are in the frame, double-tap the screen. Double-tap again to return to standard view.